10 000 tons
Start capacity of the plant
Omsk Carbon Black Plant was launched on April 27, 1944. The large industial facilities were built in a record-breaking time in an empty steppe far away from residential areas. The plant was constructed «from the wheels». Prefabricated units, received by rail, were immediately delivered to the construction site. Much of the equipment was made and mounted on-site using own resources. The production capacity of the plant was 10 thousand mt per year. For 8 months of its operation, the plant produced 695 tons of lamp black.
3 847 tons
of products produced over the year
The plant produced active and semi-active grades of carbon black. In the period from 1944 to 1945, the production output increased 6 times! The blacks of Omsk Plant were used for the needs of the front in the production of tires of military and civil equipment.
40 000 tons
Plant capacity after redesign
Until the 1970s, carbon black was produced by the lamp method, which is one of the oldest. The quality of blacks produced in that way did not fully meet the requirements of the tire industry. Following substantial funds allocation by the government, the plant was redesigned for a more up-to-date furnance method. The capacity of the plant rose to 40 thousand tons per year.
the first export grade to Japan
The plant was the first in the industry to master the production of N-grade carbon black in accordance with ASTM standards and began exports shippment of N220 to Japan for Bridgestone.
were accepted between 1998 and 2000
From 1998 to 2000 the plant achieved the required quality of N234, N299, N339, N347, N550, N650 and N660 and obtained their acceptance by major overseas companies
the power of the first own turbogenerator
The plant supply itself with electric power almost completely by utilizing tail gas. By 2004, the power of mini cogeneration plant increased from 6 MW to 18 MW.
the year when Volgograd Carbon Black Plant was launched
During the construction of the Volgograd Carbon Black Plant, many of the problems existing at other carbon black facilities at the time were solved. Thus, for the first time in the USSR, carbon black production was in line with sanitary standards. By the late 1980s, the Volgograd plant`s nominal production capacity reached 200,000 mt per year. The plant was the largest in the country.
The company started the production of a special series of high-purity grades intended for the use in critical items with regard to safety.
In order to improve the quality of customer service and ensure just-in-time deliveries, since 2012 the company has been implementing a program to established its own logistics and distribution centers. To date, representative offices have been opened up in Canada, Romania, Turkey and Germany.
Efforts by the Research and Development Center of Carbon Materials, established jointly with the Institute of Hydrocarbons Processing in 2012, resulted in the development of a production technology for new grades of carbon black with specific, non-standard properties - a series of special OMCARB grades
On July 29, 2014, a time capsule was buried in the city of Mogilev (Republic of Belarus) marking the beginning of construction of a carbon black plant by Omsk Carbon Group.
Since the early 2000s, Omsk Carbon Group has been gradually implementing programs aimed at upgrading and putting new facilities into operation. Having the capacity 40 000 mt of material per year the 4th production line of Volgograd branch was commissioned in the middle of 2016
Omsk plant produces more than 250 tonnes of high quality carbon black annually. The major part of the products is exported to worldwide renowned producers of tires and industrial rubber products.
The Volgograd plant is one of the fastest growing carbon black facilities in the European region.
The construction of the carbon black plant in Mogilev (Republic of Belarus) started on 29 July 2014.
The R&D Center was created in 2012 by agreement between Omsk Carbon Group and Carbon Recycling Institute of SB RAS.